When it comes to home maintenance most of us want to spend the most reasonable amount of money possible while still getting a job well done. Yes, we want to take preventative action and avoid serious problems, but many times the budget is just not conducive to that. So then, we are faced with repairs or replacement. One such aspect of home ownership that this debate is common for is roof replacement versus a new Roof Bay Minette AL 36507 roof.
So, how do you know which one is the better option? Replacing or repairing? When you talk to a professional roofer, they will typically opt to come to your home and do a roof inspection to determine what approach will best suit your situation. Elements they will check include:
· Determining how much longer your current roof will last if left unattended.
· They will ask how often your roof leaks, and how bad the leak(s) are.
· Bay Minette AL 36507 They will check the space between the roofing and the insulation to determine if any moisture is collecting there.
· As part of the inspection, they professional will consider they type of roofing material currently being used, what your area’s weather is like and what, if any, plans you have for your home.
· How strong is the structural integrity?
· Is the membrane in good condition?
Once they have the answers to these questions, they can make their Flat Roof Bay Minette AL 36507 recommendations regarding roof replacement or roof repair. However, if you want to be armed with some insight then the following should also be considered:
Many times, it is cheaper in the long run to have the roofers go ahead and repair the entire roof rather than just a part of it. This is because the roofing repairmen already have their equipment set up so they don’t have to come back later. In addition, rather than merely Bay Minette AL 36507 having a portion of your roof repaired, you will have the whole roof and a new warranty of leak-free living for many years to come. Also, it should be noted that a new roof can add up to 59% of its cost to the resale value of your home.
Of course, there are reasons why some homeowners opt for just a roof replacement. These include cost, size of the damaged area and whether you will need Bay Minette AL 36507 to remove older roofing material or not. The cost of a new roof can be upwards of $20,000 so sometimes if just a small roof repair is needed the budget is better. But, the bottom line is often whether you want to spend a little now or a lot later.
Roof replacement can often be the best route to go, especially when it comes to resale value! Eastern Roofing of Inver Grove Heights is a great Bay Minette AL 36507 place to start as you determine whether roof replacement or roof repair is better for you